宇津ノ谷峠(藤枝側)

Rakei Monument

“Rakei” means “Tsuta no Michi” (Road of Vines). This monument was built in 1830 to lament the abandonment of the once frequently traveled Tsuta no Hosomichi, after the opening of the Tokaido Road, and commemorate Tsuta no Hosomichi as a road made famous in literature. It was built a short hike up from the West Trailhead of Tokaido Utsunoya Pass. Currently, it has been relocated behind Sakashita Jizodo.

data

name
Rakei Monument
Genre
Cultural property Landscape
Area
宇津ノ谷峠(藤枝側)
address
Okabe, Okabe-cho, Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka-ken
phone number
054-645-1100(藤枝市文化財課)
business hours
Free to visit
holiday
None
price
Free
Parking
Please use the Parking Lot of Tsuta no Hosomichi Park
Top main icon08 Top main icon04 General Top Fujieda area Shizuoka area